Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Roundel View Post
I'm not sure if a congratulations is in order or I should offer my condolences! Either way, I enjoyed the article and it sounds like you've definitely gotten your moneys worth with the e92. I feel the same was as you about a lot of your comments. I'm glad someone else finally admitted that the steering, while not bad, isn't spectacular either. My perspective on steering feel has the Boxster as the standard of excellence. I'm sure some cars have better feel than the Boxster, but the e9x M is at least one rung down. And also like you, whenever the time comes to get rid of my current M, it's unlikely I'll buy another e9x version. Too many other cars in the world I'd like to experience. Unlike you, it's highly unlikely I'd go to another M3/4. IMO, the e9x M3 is the best of the various versions.

Best of luck on whatever the next chapter holds and let us know what you end up replacing the e92 with.
Really have to see the G80 in person because I'm not sold on it right now. I'll do what I did last time: drive a bunch of makes and see what I like best.