View Single Post
      03-23-2008, 06:55 PM   #231
prrbill
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2004 Maxima

Dooma350,

I also saw this at Autoblog and wanted to join in. Besides the good advice about contacting the AG of Nebraska, Nebraska's DOT and BMW, I'd also go along with contacting the AG of California. eBay, along with other sellers over the Internet, has attracted the attention of not only state legislators attempting to recover loss tax $ but also Congress.

Somewhere in the back of my mind is the fact that eBay, along with others, is considered as interstate commerce and thus falls under the federal government's venue. Either you were going to travel to Nebraska and get the car (registering it where?) to drive it back or Husker was going to truck it to you.

Wonder if the multi-billion dollar corporation wants to take this sort of heat? I sort of doubt it and would be almost sure somebody's head will be on the chopping block over this. At the very least, that person will have to make restitution to the company for the $$ difference.

But don't take this lying down. At this point, you should also be reimbursed for all the aggravation you've had to put up with. If they do come back at you with the offer of the car at the price you've bid, they should also ship it to you for free, pay for whatever taxes are due or, if you travel to the dealership (to inspect it and pick it up), pay all your time and travel expenses. Something tells me you don' want it serviced there so make sure they give you all the perks such as tire warranty, etc. for the trip back.

best of luck,
Bill

Last edited by prrbill; 03-23-2008 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: left out word
Appreciate 0