View Single Post
      12-30-2010, 05:26 PM   #14
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
i didn't read anything posted above...but eat more carbohydrates, pasta, brown rice, breads, oatmeal, nuts, etc. up your protein as well with foods like tuna in oil, lean meats, chicken, fish, etc...

of course you should also be going to the gym doing weight training exercises...not just cardio

don't bother with those protein powders if you aren't a bodybuilder or trying to gain a lot of muscle. muscle milk is the worst..don't bother with it. IIRC there was an article on here saying it had unacceptable traces of a poison in it (i think it was arsenic). if you must, your best bet is to go with straight optimum whey protein.

the only way to gain weight is to increase your caloric intake daily. you essentially must be eating more than you burn. you MUST eat at least 4 meals a day, spread evenly throughout the day. i gained around 30 lbs of muscle in about a year doing something similar to this, except i was drinking protein powders...
Yeah your pretty much on point there. Try to eat every 3-4 hours. Your right about the shakes too. I been in the game for a while and I might have 2-3 shakes a day (with milk and 2 scoops of protein) tops. People need to realize that these shakes CANNOT substitue a healthy meal.

My meals are as follows

when i wake
Oat meal plus protein shake

when i get to work
4 egg omlet with veggies and some whole weat bread

lunch
chicken breast, sweet potatoe and fruits-n-veggies

around 4pm
oatmeal and shake

about 6pm
steak, pasta, veggies

after the gym
shake upon entering the house, i'll usually have a cup of pepsi for a quick hit of simple carbs to get the insulin up
then I shower and have my last meal
chick breast, sweet potato, and veggies

my snacks are only fruits

My cheat day is usually on sat.. I'll have some pizza or burgers.

Does my diet look spartan, yes. Is it effective? FUCK yes!!
if I want to bulk I'll throw in an extra protein shake here and there, plus a sandwich. At this point I have figured out my diet to the point where I know exacttly what and when to eat to gain or lose weight.

EDIT: I use brown rice in stead of whole wheat pasta from time to time. Although it's rare because I really don't know how to make brown rice not taste like shit. If anyone has any idea please let me know.

Oh and all my meat is grilled. Matter of fact the first thing I did after digging out my ride was dig a path from my deck to my grill.

Last edited by Delta0311; 12-30-2010 at 05:34 PM..
Appreciate 0