View Single Post
      04-14-2019, 04:04 PM   #152
chalbe
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, jeeps

This is a follow up to my above posts. The information I posted above about my stock wheel in relation to the adjuster collar was incorrect. I test fit the front wheel to verify if I could get enough clearance with shorter Eibach spring with the helper spring. Because of my ride height I am not able to get full clearance. The collar is above the sidewall of the tire, but right on the shoulder of the tire. The wheel is Apex SM-10 18x10 et25 with RE-71R in 275/35/18.

I know it seems like a little bit of a wasted effort, but that is mainly due to my ride height. Also, I feel that I was able to learn something and make a contribution to the information here. If you set the ride height a little lower than stock, say around ZCP height, there will likely be better clearance. I am between 16mm and 17mm lower than my stock saggy assed 90k mile suspension with flat hard rubber bushings.....so, I may be more like 20mm+ lower than stock.

Below I have posted photos without any spacers and with a 5mm spacer. I have signed up for autox the next two weekends and will be running the spacer.

....I know the lock nut on the adjustable end link needs tightened.

Without 5mm spacer

With 5mm spacer

Last edited by chalbe; 04-14-2019 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: correction
Appreciate 0