Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusivs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendall View Post
My thought also. If you go with anything other than KW you will probably need to machine the spring perch/collar. Also, wouldnt you need a new camber plate or and adapter for any spring with a different diameter than the KW?

Let me know how this works. I am heading the same route as you. I have been thinking about this problem for a while.
I'm going with a KW spring in the same rate as my original spring (90nm). KW does have different spring rates available but I have observed that different spring rates result in different travel ranges. I presume it is because the higher spring rate requires a thicker wire diameter which thereby reduces the travel range of the spring. For example:
  • The KW Clubsport 3-Ways come with 90nm / 170mm springs which have a travel range of 92mm.
  • 90nm / 140mm spring has 80mm of travel (10.50mm wire diameter)
  • 100 nm / 140mm spring has 74mm of travel (11.00mm wire diameter)
  • 110 nm / 140mm spring has 73mm of travel (11.25mm wire diameter)

My understanding is that the greater the travel range of the spring the better considering I'm reducing that range. Plus I have not been dissatisfied with the stiffness of my current spring. My goal is to make this change while maintaining the same performance characteristics of my suspension.
Bumping an old thread ...

Curious @Slicer where, you were able to locate the KW spring travel range?
There was (is?) a pdf spreadsheet on their web site.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0