View Single Post
      12-07-2011, 08:15 AM   #2416
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

haha one of those guys huh...go back and read my previous posts on price action...lets here some of your thoughts on where were headed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
1) far from free.... fwiw, $10 roundtrip is ridiculous, plenty of other brokerages will offer significantly lower...

2) as far as algo systems are concerned, i believe you are rather misinformed.... the entire point of automated systems is to avoid drawdowns.... algo desk, retail bedroom trader, or goldman sachs... the point of an algo is to follow a very fixed system based on a set of predetermined rules to avoid emotional blackouts one may face if click trading...

3) again, scalping is not about using fancy paid for indicators etc.... scalping is about observing price action.... your fancy indicator is going to get hosed in a blink when somebody comes in and sweeps the market three levels deep on the bid...

4) there is no play involved in trading, you take a/multiple positions based on a method that will give you a high positive expectancy... sideway markets are not tough to trade, leveraged or not.... a sideways market is indicative of a range bound movement.... rather than attempting to ride out a position and "hope" it goes your way.... one would be much better served unwinding a position and re-entering, scaling out an existing position.... etc...
again... you need to react based off price action you are seeing.... not what you are thinking....

5) again I disagree.... nothing is more profitable than a crash.... whether you do an outright short on volatility, negative gamma scalp, etc.... the potential to have profitable trades increasing astronomically the closer we get to a crash....

I agree to the point that price action is king....

yes trading is complicated, but whether you are short term, or long term or whatever term... regardless of how fancy of an indicator or indicators you use, or whatever trading guru you subscribe to.... risk management is key.... and no, you will not know how markets really work... you will only know how to manage your own risk based off the price action and your current position/s
Appreciate 0