Rep
Drives: G87, G26, E46, Mk6 5K

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.66]
2022 i4 40  [8.33]
2001 325Cic  [6.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
I would never find an installer of choice locally and ask for a price match 4 states away <flame suit on>

DD price is inline to the less than a handful of decent shops putting out same level of work...I know of 1 shops that has quoted a smidge about 700-900 more if I recall. This shop does put out high quality work. I only replied as I've seen post #8 work. I don't recommend but everyone has a different exception or eye for these things.

There is a poster here showing his Wrap. I know that shop....I literally have seen a tech grinding/cutting away metal on a G Wagon with multiple cars directly in the same room/garage/workspace. Imagine Hot Metal Fragments embedded into your brand new car you had delivered to either get PPF or wrap....I left after observing the smell of grinding, watching sparks fly and was in complete AWE of all the other cars in the shop with the owners not knowing what environment their cars were in.....If you're a film shop, whether it be vinyl or PPF, there is no business of bodywork being done....and this shop charges in the same range of DD.

Remember, that when going custom PPF, these guys are using knives a hairs breath away or directly scoring film laid already onto the paint...
So if one is considering custom vs precut, this is one factor to be mindful of when choosing a installer
Almost all of the quotes I was getting were higher than what I got from Extreme, which didn’t really surprise me. The ones that were lower, their communication and reviews supported that.

Thanks for the geography lesson though.

To confirm, you’re saying you’ve seen the shop I’m talking about do everything you described above?
Appreciate 0