View Single Post
      10-04-2018, 11:52 AM   #57
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
So you want a GT car that handles like sh*t.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
comments like this are exactly what's wrong with 'modern car culture'

for example, an E30 M3 is much slower and handles worse and brakes worse than your F80 M3.......but is and will always be far, far, far, FAR more desirable than your F80 M3. If you both in front of me i wouldn't even look at the F80 M3 and i'd drive the E30 M3.

Statistics and specs and on-paper performance are not reasons to love cars. It's their imagination, their feel, the way they look, the personality and character they have.

Unfortunately most modern cars lack anything remotely resembling character, hence comments like yours that negate people preferring older cars.

A Lamborghini Hurrican Performante may run rings around a Lancia Stratos, but NOBODY CARES because the Stratos is an all time classic and way beyond anything any modern supercar could ever be. It's called being timeless. Not to be evaluated as apples to apples.

So back to the point, the last gen Supra captured people's imaginations. In a way this current fast appliance could never.
You completely misunderstood my post and went on a long diatribe comparing old and new cars. My knock on the MKIV Supra handling like sh*t was not in relation to modern cars. The MKIV was never praised for its handling or steering back in the 90's. Go read old reviews/comparos. It was a 2+2 GT with a fantastic motor and ho-hum handling. Supra was a motor(JDM muscle car), not a package. The 2JZ was in many cars. Tada and Toyota are building a different car this time around, a true 2 seat sports car. Handling is obviously the main priority. Oh and the E30 is one of the most overrated BMW's. Yup I said it. I would take an E28 M5 all day any day. E36 M3 with Euro spec 3.2 was pinnacle of the M3.

Last edited by hellrotm; 10-04-2018 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0