02-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #22
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshyLarryMP View Post
The thing that scares me about used M3's is that you could be buying a car that has been tracked, or modded and then changed back to stock. There is less chance of this if you buy a car that is only a year or 2 old. It's a gamble going cheap with these cars because they are so expensive to fix.

If you get a 2011 zcp you get the cool rims, 4/10 inch lower ride height, adjustable edc, 2 years on the warranty. It might be overpriced, but I am really glad I got this car and would do it again in a heartbeat.
This makes no sense, any used car can have a history of abuse (or good care for that matter), whether it is two years old or five. And I'd rather buy a car that is five years old that was tracked occasionally by somebody who who performed the right maintenance than a newer car owned by somebody who didn't give a shit. Each car needs to be look at individually.

OP, have a look at the service history/owners, do a PPI and get a decent price (I would think something sub-$40k would be a good price.)