View Single Post
      07-11-2007, 02:22 PM   #37
2002 Tii
Private
Rep
Drives: Cooper S JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
And I have asked myself the same question repeatedly and don't have a good answer. Perhaps they just mean 911 in general be it 4, 4S, convertible, S, etc.?

To those of you that don't think the M3 can beat the 8:05 (or 7:59) time stop saying "I don't think it can." with no evidence. WHY don't you think it can. Perhaps because you love P-cars, or you don't like BMWs, that aint a reason. I think it can because BMW is known for good balanced and great handling cars, because the new M3 has a fantastic powerful V8 that revs through the roof and most importanly because the power to weight ratio is substantially better than the S!
They have given the specs on the Carrera so there is no confusion in regards to the model.
For nearly 30 years now, we have been hearing about the "limitations of the 911" and the car keeps getting better and the sales stronger, GT3 is the bench mark for all performance cars out there. The 911 single handedly has carried Porsche thru some serious troubled times (914-924-944-928). Today not only is Porsche the only independent car manufacturer but a majority share holder in Audi!
R8 is great but more expensive than 911, M3 will probably beat 911 numbers, but personally I don't think it will hurt Porsche seriously. Corvette has been putting up better numbers than 911 consistantly but is unable to take away market share. The freaking thing has become a myth
BTW, I think the M3 is a great car so please no attackes about hating, etc....
Appreciate 0