View Single Post
      07-15-2018, 11:09 AM   #57
IndyRed128i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 230I(Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I joined BMWCCA for the rebate on new cars but I suppose others join for the common interest and social events. I am guessing most BMWCCA members found out about it without a website like meetup.com.

I think the "rush to judgment" arose as a result of how OP posed the question. If you have an existing interest and join a well known club of some kind to interact with others who have similar interests, not too unusual. If you can't make friends and go to a website designed to connect with other people who can't make friends that sounds unusual and forced. I think Post #1 sounded more like the latter to many.
With my original post I certainly wasn't trying to "rush to judgement" with regards to meetup.com or any group. I was just curious what others experiences have been with the various group/events they have been a part of on there, since I have not used the sight much, but have heard many others talk about it. I'm not sure how people would take what I said as not being able to make friends lol

With that said, I sounds like many people have found driving groups, sports groups, exec, and have met some cool people along the way, so that answers my original question.
Appreciate 0