10-01-2012, 11:44 PM   #132
DominionXX
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 Alpine White Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
The Beta contains functions that are not available to the public release. They were probably testing it out and removed it prior to release.
That is what I think as well....
Now, I have been able to easily get SMS/text to work with no issues at all. Mail has been another story.

Here is what I have discovered:

I can't get email notification to work on my iPhone 4s, with IOS 6. if I can't get this working on the iPhone, then there is no way I will be able to get it to work in the car. I have only tested by sending a message to myself from another email account... All setting on my iPhone have been checked, and I think they are right. I know they are right, since messages pop up in lock screen, and I just mimicked those setting for email.

**EDIT**
Ok, little update.. I have now been able to get my emails to pop up on the lock screen... again, I have not introduced the car in the picture yet.

I needed to set my emails to PUSH, rather than FETCH.. not sure if this has been discussed in the thread..
If you set your email account on the iPhone to FETCH, it will take a minimum of 15 minutes to "fetch" the email off the server.
Where as PUSH, gives you the email from the server the second the server gets it.
Unfortunately, only one of my email accounts supports PUSH, and it isn't one that I use often.

OK, I am now off to test the iPhone in my new 2013 M3..

Hahahaha, email still doesn't work in the car. Not a total loss, cause now I get emails on my lock screen :-)

Last edited by DominionXX; 10-02-2012 at 12:40 AM.. Reason: new info
Appreciate 0