09-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #33
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Canaveral M3 driver View Post
This was difficult for me but I signed up for it based on past problems with flats whereby the sidewall was punctured and tire dealer refused to patch. My 2013 M3 w/Competition package: Tire and wheel protection provided at the dealer by Safe-Guard was $1475.00! Wheel will be replaced only if it cannot be repaired cosmetically and not if it still holds air. I'm not sure how BMW feels about patching what they call racing tires. If I get a nail in a speed rated tire, do you think the dealer would actually just patch it? It will pay for itself if I get a few bad flat tires, otherwise, like all insurance, it's a waste until you need it! I had to explain to my dealer and to the parts dept. why I was looking for a spare tire and a Jack, so who knows until I ask them. The BMW parts man was shocked to find out the M3 had no spare and no run flat tires. Hope that mobility kit works if I ever need it.
I have terrible luck with my tires in the past, so that's why I bought mine. 2 flats later, I'm glad I did. The dealership I go to has a no patch policy. So, new tires every time I get a flat. Not a bad deal.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0