View Single Post
      07-24-2007, 05:35 PM   #12
nightops
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisG35 View Post
the sedan seems to earn more points in my book than the G coupe, that's for sure.

the G37 is really powerful BUT is really heavy too. so the new power addition is almost negated by the extra weight. The current G35 coupe has very similar acceleration (0-60, 1/4 mile, and 0-100 miles) and has identical 60-0 altho the new G37 gets a 4 piston 14+ inch of brakes!

they've done a lot to the G, but they have done a lot to hurt it too. that's why im on a bimmer forum, and have a deposit on a bimmer, not a G.

Altima is nowhere near the G, it wont feel like it at all, even with mods. you have to consider driving dynamics of FWD vs. RWD, interior, quality, leather, and a whole bunch of things.
yea, i know the Altima is FWD, but as far as looks, they look very similar, so the G coupe is diminished because it's less distinctive while much more expensive than the Altima. Plus, i hate the way they've only upped the power a small increment compared to the weight additions. What they need to do is step up and make a twin turbo version or put a v-8 in it to put it into the running against the 335. And, it shouldn't cost as much as a Skyline