11-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #19
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
LOL. I'm kind of in the same boat. I ordered my car with the 19s, thinking I might be putting a BBK on at some stage. Then, I figured 18s would be a great idea for the track, so I bought a set of OEM 18s....
Then, I saw HRE P43s, and thought "hell, those would be nice on the street", so I bought 'em.
I am right there with ya..... I LOATHED going to track days with the 18s. If I could have stored the 18s at the track, and switched over before and after the track sessions, that would have been OK (JUST OK.... ).
I am now at the stage where I'm thinking - hell, the 19s are probably slightly stronger, and not much heavier than the 18s - why not just use them for the track? They look better, IMHO.
Got this 19" set up with about 70 miles on them sitting in my garage. Next
summer, they are going on for track days - hell, I might even just use them all the time

Haha sounds like we are on the EXACT same page, I keep my tires at my tire guys shop. I was supposed to go to a track day on a monday (which meant switching to my 18s on either Friday or Saturday). I cancelled the truck day and went the next month when the track day was on a Thursday (so I put on the 18s on Wednesday).

Whats worse is, I actually leave the track a bit early to ensure that I get home in time to put my 20's back on. hahah

By the way, I believe the 19s are lighter then the 18s.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0