Quote:
Originally Posted by 330indy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by edycol View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330indy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilberjj View Post
My thinking on this is simple. I buy the best oil money can buy because this car is not a DD for me. I only change the oil once a year.
I've run Redline in other vehicles in the past and I've never had a reason to doubt it's quality.
Troy Jeup recommends Redline 5w50, and he's built more S85 and S65 motors than anyone else in the USA. Good enough for me. https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1592340
From my research, there are plenty of good grade III, IV and V base stock oils. But true full-synthetic, grade V ester formulas are the best oils without any compromises (redline and motul). Expensive, but so is a motor...
Yep
Went 4+ years with Redline fill and low miles. Blackstone showed it was strong in TBN.
I have zero concerns about Redline in truly extended time OCIs.
Extended OCI is not RedLine cup of tea. It is not TBN, it is TAN.
You speculate. Redline is an optimal blend of Group 4&5. Do you speak as if it's all Group 5?
Show me a BSOA where Redline was in the red on TAN.
I have no concern with extended time/ low mile OCIs
The acidity level of brand new Redline oil is at level of some oils after 7k use.
You have MSDS provided by Redline where you have ester content. In Performance series it is almost 80%. If you don't have TAN in your UOA you are assuming at best what is going on. Regardless whether TBN is enough or not, TAN and TBN under no circumstances should overlap or TAN exceed TBN.
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/th...t-info.114241/

After 5 years TBN was 7.7
I sleep like a baby
Appreciate 0