05-03-2019, 09:23 AM   #18
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
I've driven quite a few LS/T56 cars and I can't say that I loved any of them. As a matter of fact my friend and I have swapped a few cars including his 997. I much prefer the M97.

The LS engine in general is not a bad engine but has little to no character to me, and I loath the T56.

Sorry off topic but, I also don't understand muscle cars in this day. I understand why they were popular to begin with. Low price and tons of power. The thing is, now days they are just as expensive as their German counterparts. At this point you are paying similar money for a American car with below average build and interior quality as you are for a German luxury/sports car.

That's just my 2 cents
Torquey little aluminum things, though! I mean once upon a time I picked up a 2002 LS1 w/ 14k miles with a large thumper of a cam, upgraded springs, yadda yadda. Only needed accessories (alternator, etc.) and an intake (which I had an LS6 intake in the garage) for $800. We're talking a 500+ HP motor that weighs nothing that also costs nothing. I agree that they don't necessarily have the same character and heart of something such as an S65, but talk about a bargain! Pairing that with a 10k mile T56 and LS7 clutch I had plopped into a stripped FC Turbo II RX-7. I mean, damn. If it had wings it would have flown.

But looking at things like the GT350 cars and the skunkwerks Camaros that they are putting out. Nutso cars that you can also put your Trump / Pence bumper sticker on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
The Corvette is not a very big car, it just looks huge because of the proportions. It's 6 inches shorter and 7 inches lower than the M3, but it is 4 inches wider.

I think what I was getting at is that the Z06s command a significant price premium over the regular Corvette and I don't think it's worth it for a street car. I'd almost tell you to just get a C7 Z51 for that money, it's just as fast and way more comfortable for daily use (also more modern).
Mind blown on the actual dimensions. Obviously I hadn't looked it up, but I never would have guessed. I do remember the C6 I sat in seemed to have a large (tall) interior. Ass on the ground!

I will say that technology can be a turn-off for me. For something that's to be used as I intend, less is more. That's one of my favorite points of my old "stripper" E90M. Manual cloth seats, no navigation, no sunroof, 6MT... I could probably count the times I even turned the radio on in that thing on one hand. The next car will be treated similarly.

Danny has me reeling back in to that E86 car now... I came close to buying one a few years back.
Appreciate 0