10-21-2011, 11:04 PM   #24
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Yes... Everyone is excited. It will be nice to have a bit of an economic boom. Alberta and Newfoundland has had the oil and gas, we get ship building. Upwards of 15,000 new jobs for 30 years in a city of 400,000 is a nice little bump. Someone said it is 3% of GDP or something.
I wish the money paid to Mechanics was good enough for me to be able to relocate there but it will be no where close to what I make here in AB. I spoke to a friend of mine at the Irving Shipyard and he told me his hourly rate...... Basically he makes roughly 1/3 of the hourly wage they pay out here in AB and they have no kind of incentive or retention packages in place. The Irvings are famous for paying shit wages to their trades while they get richer and richer.

I apologize for the rant but I am just envious since you can live in Halifax and I can't (I can't maintain the same quality of life in Halifax anyway).

Enough of my whining..... Someone buy this car, it is a great deal on a meticulously maintained almost new M3!!!!