JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectify View Post
Could not handle the SC? I don't really understand that, seems you are trying to put a person down instead of get a context for mechanical issues.

The BMW transmission cooler was not designed with the DCT in mind and definitely not with more power in mind. It is the same cooler the manual transmission uses yet the DCT puts out far more power. Why have people overheated with stock power? Why have DCT's gone into limp mode stock on the track? Let me guess, they could not handle the power or is it that the cooler is under-engineered to begin with?

You seem to be blaming an individual for mechanical issues due to BMW skimping on parts instead of giving the DCT the better cooler it needs. That is reckless and not correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectify View Post
The "extra" parts make it difficult to diagnose an issue with any forced induction kit? Really? Water-meth or a properly designed cooler do that? I don't understand, what are you basing this on? Would you please stop speaking in general terms as if to prove something and actually focus on a specific?

What is the problem with water-meth? HPF has run it successfully and someone not running it on 91 octane can potentially be creating a issues that would not take place with a proper water-meth setup.

I beleive VF blew 3 motors on 91 octane because they disregarded the water-meth yet this company is one you defended and now you are saying this type of thing is superfluous? You are not making sense and the results do not support your assertions.

This statement is reckless and dangerous and I can not believe how someone can say it:

Whom are you referring to or are you simply throwing generic things out there? Seems you are forced induction systems that have custom options that the owner desires are done so to mask an engineering flaw? I can't believe this and I really think this needs to be nipped in the bud now as you continue to think you are some kind of authority yet you have no hands on experience with what you are referencing.
Finally someone with some knowledge.