View Single Post
      08-13-2018, 10:21 AM   #176
jqsmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

I am scrambling currently to put together a spare tire as I had a blowout on one of my rear tires on Saturday. As most businesses were closed, I had to tow it to a location and will have the new tires(will be replacing both rears) installed today. Having been inconvenienced for the 3rd time due to a flat tire(7 years of ownership), I think it's time for me to do something(should have done so after the FIRST flat). It is a total joke that this car doesn't come with a spare. The flat tire repair kit is useless as holes on the sidewall can't be fixed 99% of the time(I've actually fixed a small tear with a patch kit once and got to safety). This time was a little different as I didn't hit a pothole. The rear tire just blew up. I'm wondering if there was something I didn't do as a responsible owner that lead to this. The weather is pretty hot in ATL area and I haven't checked the pressure in awhile. Overinflation could be the culprit for my demise. I do have another set of tires w/ winter tires on them. Wondering if carrying one of the fronts would solve the problem or go with the space saving spare. Looks like everything can be put together for under $250.
2011 E92 l SSII l Fox Red - 145k and Totaled. 2012 Toyota Prius C - 145k and Totaled. 2002 Nissan Pathfinder - 301.6K and Junked. 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport - Rolled & Totaled. 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood - RIP.

Last edited by jqsmooth; 08-13-2018 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 0