View Single Post
      02-19-2014, 03:18 PM   #226
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Probably half a second vs the best uhp street tires.

Pulling pins is worth about half a degree of camber.

Sounds like your car is not a zcp so money no object, get a zcp or convert it if your car is a 2011, and downsize to 18", then run the zII rival or hankook RS3v2 which is available soon. Finding an 18x9 in the right offset is tough so you probably need a spacer. Lots of good 18x10et25 options out there for the rears. Barring getting a ZCP, best bet is probably what I did, MT1 with spacers. Light and good fitment with reasonable spacers, no need to blow thousands on custom wheels. I personally, having seen some data and finally driven them, would look elsewhere than the Rival. Good tire but a couple ticks off the best. 265/285 RS3 would be my choice for FSTreet, or the 255/275 ZII. Thatt's my personal preference though.

The 17" apex wheels that clear the m3 brakes are not legal in FStrreet. Wrong width, unless you can make one of the e46 fitments work over the brakes but I don't believe so. Width has to be an 8.5/9.5 if not zcp or 9/10 if zcp

If you must stay wwith 19's, the yoko is probably close but not quite as good as the others and unfortunately it is the only good option for a front tire amongst the contenders, most only have a 275/35 and 245/40 which is too tall for the front. I hear the rival may be getting some 19" options soon but I don't think they are ideal for the M3. 26" tall is really the upper limit for front tire diameter unless you want to buy lots of fender liners

Abs and dsc dont seem to care much about stagger. It's more because the best setup for the car calls for more rear tire since the front wheels are narrower. Better to add rear grip and balance any understeer that may introduce with the tuning options you have than intentionally run less tire. Need a good amount of tire to put down this car's power on street tires in 2nd gear in a corner