08-06-2019, 02:03 PM   #32
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Link to said article?

Searching through C&D looking for it, all I found related to heat management on the non Z06 is...

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-drive-review/

I do think it makes sense to skip the first year or two on this car, as it's SO different than previous cars that I do suspect there will be some teething issues on early cars that need to be overcome.

I have way more faith in Corvette than BMW. BMW hasn't made anything I have any desire for/interest in/desire to work on since they moved to turbos.

By more easily serviceable I meant the engine is easy to access from above-- routine maintenance, such as valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, coils, etc will still be easily accessed (with some caution not to mar the paint). Compared to a Boxster/cayman/911, with no topside access and turbo components adding complexity everywhere, should be a cakewalk. Or, put differently-- the car is set up so that Chevrolet dearerships will be able to work on it!
The valvecover tops are below the top of the rear tires. That cover and the intake make things look better than they are, I think you're probably looking at at least a partial subframe drop and if not that, dropping the entire rear undertray to do anything with VC's, headers or the accessory drive. This photo makes me mad because clearly the exhaust should exit through the decklid but noooo they're too chicken/consumers are stu toopid for that

But that's what 100k plugs are for. Definitely looks like they expect you to reach everything important from the bottom. You're not getting access to much from the top without standing in the golf club/lawn chair/car show/zaino/gold chain/trophy compartment behind the engine

AT LEAST THERE'S A MOT@!6*)(Q36!##6$!6$iING DIPSTICK

Last edited by Richbot; 08-06-2019 at 02:09 PM..
Appreciate 0