wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalelement View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
Yep, forgot to say that as well. But the change is so significant in idle, driving, shifting.. I mean literally every single abnormal clicking, clinking and wizzing noise that I was experiencing during normal driving has vanished. I never had the "knocking" noise, but since I've owned it, there's been some engine chatter and such at slow speeds and acceleration, that I assumed was normal.. I guess it wasn't, because it's all gone.. I can really tell in my garage, it's like a silent idle now in the engine. Definitely helped by the engine mounts, but I have to assume I had something about to go with these, right? Not a placebo effect on the noise..
Sure, less than the sound, I know that a rough shuddering at idle (especially on startup) is commonly fixed by engine mounts being replaced if your mileage is high. I don't think most of the sound is due to the mounts, but who knows.

I have a tiny bit of chatter under load that I only hear when I'm near walls, etc. that can reflect it up through my open window, but now I'm tempted to do the bearings right before my warranty runs out and see what happens.

Glad you're happy!
True the mounts definitely helped the shudder at idle.. big improvement. Mine was worse when warm and at stoplights in Drive, not sure if that's significant... but the rpms didn't move much, just dipped above and below 500 and when below, the shaking in the seat terrified me. I'm just happy I bit the bullet, unfortunately it was an expensive one to do..
Appreciate 0