View Single Post
      05-03-2021, 02:50 PM   #19
dsme94
Scotland
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Had the first track day on Saturday so a small update should follow of course.

I started having issues with one of the rear callipers, one had already been replaced prior to me purchasing the car, normally these kind of items fail in pairs so slightly frustrating that it wasn't replaced at the same time. Anyway, I got a new calliper and set about fitting it.

Can see the old piston was all rusty...

Next up was to fix the camber. The garage which done the alignment couldn't get more than 2.5 degrees of camber as the top mount nuts couldn't be tightened if pushed right over. In order to solve this i jacked both sides of the car up and pushed the strut in towards the car, this allowed for -3.5 degrees each side.

As a result of running the 18x10 Protracks with 12mm spacers, the wheel is rubbing of the arch liner. Not particularly sure how I'm going to proceed with this yet

The discs were destroyed on the rear, I had a set sitting for a while until I decided which pads to purchase for the rear. I managed to get a set of RSL19s so paired them up with some new discs.

My mate had a track day in his E92 M3 that he bought at the tail end of last year, we pretty much have identical cars, although his is fully polybushed with Powerflex Black series bushes.

In preparation of my first track day, I dropped the oil out of the diff for some fresh oil. Absolutely hate the smell of gearbox/diff oil. Looking forward to undertaking the rear end refresh to get this diff housing cleaned right up.

I also decided to change the spark plugs as from the service history they were due. However it seems these, going by the condition, haven't been in for too long...

I also changed the idler pulley along with the belt. I couldn't get the tensioner on the alternator side to move so there's still one belt to change which i'll likely tackle when it's time to do the cooling overhaul for next season.

I got an AliExpress wing, car doesn't look bare at the rear now. The wing arrived with an open box and missing parts to mount it onto the car which was really disappointing. I managed to get some money back and used that to purchase some new mounts from Pinnacle Motorsport.

As I don't have a cage, yet, there were few places to mount a GoPro. I opted to attach it to the plastic trim that sits between the front and rear seats. I tried multiple different kinds of sticky pads, none worked, which is the reason for the screw.

I came to realise that the USB port inside the car doesn't supply enough power to power the GoPro. The GoPro Hero 7 Black requires 1 amp of power. The USB only supplies 0.5 amps. As a result i've had to use the cigarette lighter to power the GoPro. I've chosen to use no battery and have the GoPro hard wired.

Appreciate 0