View Single Post
      03-02-2021, 07:19 AM   #13
dsme94
Scotland
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Got the car on my mate's ramp so he could tackle the rod shells. The didn't look too good but nothing catastrophic. Replaced these with ACL and ARP parts. Additionally fitted new competition Vibratechnics engine mounts and to be honest, you would never know they were changed, there is no increase to NVH. I got the Tegiwa decats fitted and honestly wow the noise of the car has been transformed. The BBK is also on!

I've ordered some new rears discs as the ones I have are pretty fucked. I managed to get a set of ATE rears for £269, bargain! Unsure when I'll get these on, I drive with TC fully off so my understanding is the rear brakes won't be used very much.

Need to book the car in for an alignment.

Within a couple of hours, we had the subframe off and sump down. There was a lot of carbon build up so we got the sump all cleaned up using a parts washer.

Got the old engine mounts out, they were pretty fucked.

Next up was getting the bottom of the rod off to get the shells out and back up.

Old shells

Tegiwa decats fitted

The rack and subframe was covered in oil from an old oil leak, so we got this in the parts cleaner and cleaned this up too. The subframe is really sharp around the edges and didn't quite fit in the parts cleaner so this pretty unpleasant lol.

All back together now with the BBK from Malc Buck fitted.

I can't stand the pad rattle so as soon as the parts are in stock from TrackFormula I'll be ordering a set.

We almost ready for some track time, just need to get a couple of GoPro's and find a good mount. Recommendations are welcome!
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6722.50