View Single Post
      06-01-2023, 11:45 AM   #47
mthused
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 50 Jahre M3, 2004 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I still enjoy Throttle House but I will say I don't find Thomas to be exactly genuine. He seems to try and put on an act with his hot takes and fake laughs. Trying to be a Walmart Jeremy Clarkson. James seems the more genuine of the two.
I had an interesting experience with these guys- met them randomly when I was out driving my G80 on Little Tujunga Canyon Road (near Los Angeles for non-locals) one Sunday a few months ago.

I saw one of the new Ferrari 296 GTBs pulled over in one of the turnouts, and I pulled over to look at/drool over it. Surprise, it was them doing a review of the car and shooting that day. Once I realized it was them- I said something to the effect of 'Hey- you're the Throttle House guys!' and said I appreciated their videos and work.

We chatted for about 10-15 minutes and they were extremely friendly and gracious, taking time out of their work day to just have a random conversation with a stranger about cars and take a couple of selfies with me and my M3, including their camera guy in the conversation as well.

While I share your opinion that their comedy is a bit forced, they seem to be genuinely good guys and authentic about their extreme interest in things automotive...
Appreciate 5
Germanauto9705.50
heavyD^23688.50
KRS_SN13544.50
Accentu8703.50