04-23-2008, 11:53 PM   #233
Bunkei
Anti-Fanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
absolutely no doubt that Chevy and GM know how to build some of the best v8's in the world. no arguement from me. however I am attracted more to the newer F1 type technology such as is found in the M3.
No problem with that, everybody has preferences. I'm just tired of the myth and lies about pushrod engines being antiquated/outdated technology.

As for the M3 vs C6 acceleration-wise, I think the C6 takes it. Don't get me wrong, the M3's V8 is a jewel of an engine. However, I'm not so blinded as to think that somehow the M3's V8 can somehow outperform the LS3 in a car that weigh roughly 500 lbs less.

If anything, I think the M3 may make the Vette sweat from 0-60, beyond that, I think the Vette's lead will widen quite a bit. Car and Driver got the new '08 Corvette to run 0-60 in 4 seconds flat, hitting the quarter-mile in 12.4 seconds. I don't think the M3 can match that, especially in the quarter-mile.

However, with that being said, there's no way of being 100% sure until we see comparisons where both cars are tested.
Appreciate 0