Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 & "11 X3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
I think the Conti Extreme Contact Sport is the best mix of comfort, cost, and wet traction. If you add dry traction as a priority then the PS4S wins, but In my experience (and I've heard it from others) the Conti is less edgy at the limit which is another streeet tire plus IMO

I hate the DWS and the DWS06. I hated the DW. But this particular Conti is Good Stuff

Colder temps don't make the *good* newer summer tires, the ones that now don't warn you to stay off them until 20 degrees, worse than all-seasons in cool weather, it's not like 15 years ago when summer tires turned into undrivable rocks below 40 degrees. The PS4S and Conti are both friendly sub-40 in the damp. You won't find anybody winning index at an autocross on all-seasons unless it's snowing, and that person will lose to the guy who brought snow tires anyway, because all-seasons are actually no-seasons and suck equally in all conditions making life a boring gray blah experience that you're better off just not living at all

/all-season soapbox
Based on feedback I went with the Continental ExtremeContact Sports. Haven't really had a chance to drive on them but so far I'm impressed. Given my actually usage it seems like these will have the best blend of wet handling, performance, comfort and noise... for my needs. Thank you all for your suggestions.
Attached Images