View Single Post
      08-17-2018, 10:39 AM   #40
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyBlueCars View Post
I'm debating a model 3 next, but then I read stories about bumpers falling off. How's yours been?
I think I’ve only read 2 instances of the rear bumper falling off and they’ve been on the east coast where ther eis heavy rain and flash flooding.

That being said I’ll check mine for missing shields or clips when I get it up in the air to install a set of MountainPassPerformance/ KW Coilovers.

With the Model 3 there’s been many quality control defects however. If you do order one be ready at delivery with a check list of things, mabe a paint meter (to make sure it wasn’t a repainted reject), bright LED paint light so you can reject it before signing the papers... Hell pay your detailer to come with you an inspection fee... lol

I spent 45 minutes going over mine before signing the last form... I got lucky with mine and have no defects.

Other than that... the drivetrain is solid on these which is something you don’t have to worry about.

If not the Model 3 I’d suggest any electric car as a daily driver.
- only maintenance is tires + brakes + keeping it clean so you can pay more attention to your M3’s needs
- The instant torque in electric cars make them very fun to drive... I use to have a Spark EV as my electric commuter and that thing had 300+ lbs of torque instantly... it was a fun little hatch
- althought the range is short for the majority of electric cars... if you plug in every night for your commute you don’t need to worry about range or getting gas... I probably buy gas once a month now for my M3.

Heck maybe get a used Chevy Spark EV as the commuter for $5k and use the left over money in the budget to get a 2nd M car like the M5 you mentioned (although I’d rather use the extra money to get a Porsche to pair with your M3).
Appreciate 1