View Single Post
      08-13-2018, 11:20 AM   #25
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
I'm convinced that you might want a 991...

Hell of a car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
There are a lot of cars with more soul than the Prius, so you have many choices. How about a Hyundai Accent? You can get one with a 6 speed and it will leave the Prius in the dust. And you can preserve your nice car, the E90M3, for its next owner.

Seriously, though, I would not buy an E60M5 or E39M5 thinking it would be a more economical daily driver than the E90M3. Given their ages and issues and fuel economy, likely just the opposite. I also don’t think or that the E90M3 is any more worthy of preservation than those cars.

I’d like to get a 991.1TT for a beater. Rack up the miles. Put snows on it in the winter. Get the PDK to make it faster and easier to drive in traffic.
Quote:
I drive my E90M3 year round in NH and we get a lot of snow and very cold temps. I have snow wheels for winter. I put snows on my turbo E36M3 as well. I bought and modded the cars to drive not park. But I will probably get a practical AWD car like a 991TT or E63AMG or new M5 in the future.
Quote:
I’d spend the money on the car I drive instead of the one I don’t drive, but that’s me. I want a 991.1TT PDK so I can drive it all the time including in heavy traffic (not that there’s much of it in NH) and in winter in snow. Then I can park my beat up manual turbo 99M3 and maybe turn my manual 08M3 into a track car, but will sell both if I just end up driving them occasionally.
Quote:
991TT PDK is probably my next car. Some of the new V8 turbo sedans look good, like the M5 and E63 AMG, but they are too new for used examples in my price range. For big power, I like AWD and auto/dct/PDK to put the power down and seamlessly.
Appreciate 1
NoHedge67.50