View Single Post
      06-28-2020, 02:58 PM   #17
LKN624
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08' E90 M3 and 08' E92 M3

I had this done to my car last year in the US sometime in July. I got the car finally here in Europe last month and last week had some issues with my car having its alarm going off and weird starting issues. Took it to the dealer here and they found out that the 4 screws holding the fusebox to the bracket were missing, the battery cable wasn't even fastened down all the way and found out the previous dealer had used ELECTRICAL TAPE to cover the connection point on the Battery Cable. Unbelievable, I have never seen this sort of work being performed at an official BMW dealer before. It would be safe to assume not even a local Mom and Pop shop would be this sloppy. Be careful with Dealers people! I would ask them to give you photographic evidence of their work. Luckily I found the culprit before anything crazy happened...

See below what the dealer here in Europe found. Crazy a dealer had to fix another dealers poor repair.

Freakin Electrical Tape...there is supposed to be a Plastic Cover that comes with the Recall Repair Kit from BMW.

and as you can see...the cable isn't even tightened down at all. Pretty large fire hazard and safety relevant recall and they decide to do a piss poor job. Ridiculous...

Appreciate 1
jeremyuhh464.50