View Single Post
      09-07-2020, 09:19 PM   #8
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Ugh tried doing this today, my upper seal was totally deteriorated in the corners, watched two youtube videos that seemed pretty easy (though one says to use silicone, one says not to and I decided to rush and try to force it on dry).

My old seal on the bottom kept falling off completely and was full of dust. For everyone talking about gluing it on though, it looks like the part comes preloaded with a thin bead of black silicone. I forced it on but I think I just didn't get all of the old silicone off even after rag after rag of goo gone, plastic scrapers, etc. Either that, or there was a thin enough film of goo gone left that now the left side of the bottom edge didn't stick (Tried painters tape to hold it into place while it set, but it seemed futile).

Bought them from FCP Euro so I may just try to buy another set and return these. Interesting to hear people were using beads of glue in the corner, seems like nobody on Youtube did that and maybe thats why they all fail after time.