Thread: best tune
View Single Post
      05-19-2010, 01:00 AM   #15
sard
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

The problem with this question is people usually don't get one tune, then the next day, get another. Throw in the fact everyone's car performs differently and it's hard to tell, especially with all the different brand mods and different dyno/methods.

I have the Powerchip tune and Matt has been a cool guy to deal with. Something as simple as someone who's friendly makes a big difference in how you walk away from a service/sale. After Matt tuned my car he gave me his direct cell phone # and said give him a call if I need anything. Props.

My car might make more horsepower with an ESS tune, maybe Gintani, Dinan.., maybe less, but Powerchip is local to me. About 15 minutes away. Also just because one tune is making more power, it might also be running the engine more at it's limit. You'll have to ask questions like how they handle reflashes if for any reason you need it, how do they handle upgrades, their tuning philosophy (reliability over squeezing more power), locality, amount of experience they've had, stuff like that..

As far as personal experience with just Powerchip. I'm very pleased. They had a banging deal at MFest. Customer service has been great pre and post sale. The car runs noticeably stronger. I heard my car chirp 3rd gear in S6 mode with traction control off. The check engine light turns on when turning on the car like it is supposed to do and I'm told the tune is undetectable by dealers.

I'd like to dyno my car soon to see where I stand. Will post it if I ever get around to it.

E92 M3 - DCT - 20" BBS LM-R - KW Clubsport - Akrapovic Exhaust - Powerchip Tune - Arkym Aero Kit - HID Halo
Appreciate 0