11-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #89
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Most M3 owner don't even ever think of taking it to the track, simply because it just never even crosses their mind. This forum samples a minuscule fraction of M3 owners. ]B]So there is no lame excuse needed.[/B]

In regards to safety... tracking can be expensive, sure there are more chances of getting into an accident on your way to work, but once you start driving competitively on the track within an advanced group you see plenty of accidents. During pretty much every track day in Watkins Glen you will have 2-3 cars leave with damage. So although you risk an accident every time you drive your car on a public road, some folks prefer not to increase their chances of an accident by taking it to the track.
The lame excuse comes when they spend $15,000 on mods and drive like an ass on the street. Then tell them about how to do it safely on the track. Give them links to how to sign up. You know they have plenty of money for it and you get my sig.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0