Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I would say your comments and opinions have indeed hit the mark and are very accurate to the truth. The new M3 was designed to appeal to a much wider audience than the E46 M3, like you said it's more refined, more comfortable and easier to drive. Your comments that the old car is more of a go-kart are correct and it's one of the reasons why I never considered the M3 until now, I hated the old car with a passion. Don't misunderstand it was a very good car but too raw for my liking with brittle ride and a engine note which screamed instead of sang.

P.S.

Is the E46 M3 of your mate stock or modified in any other way because if so then it's not a fair comparison.
yes it has upgraded suspension so it's bouncy and rough as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfisher View Post
interesting observation, but it depends on the individual, after driving the new M3 E92, for roughly a little over an hour, I prefer it over the E46 M3, I like the refinements,

1. stereo sound so much better, without the HK rear sub rattle
2. faster and more usable torque
3. more supple ride, while providing more grip
4. looks better
yes I did notice a bit of a numb feeling in the steering opose to the old but still good and the shifter was a bit notchy compared to the old but still good,
the only thing I was dissapointed in was the straight line performance, for a V8 I expected more.
i'd take refined in a few years, right now a go-kart on 65+ roads sounds good to me hahaha
Appreciate 0