View Single Post
      04-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #99
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich@GTBPerformance View Post
Thanks for coming and offering your support! I'm glad I can help reignite the spark of a fellow E30 lover

She is definitely a cash sink for sure. Not as bad as a boat, from what I've heard though!

Personally, the diving boards are not for me but they can look great on the right car for sure. My friend Andrew has an 88 E30 which has the crossover style bumpers (Diving boards, but with the late model valance). He did a black powdercoat on them and drilled the pistons so the bumpers retracted and it is a pretty damn awesome look (See below)

One thing I would suggest that makes an absolutely brilliant difference to the handling of any E30 : The E36 3 Series Steering rack. Changes the ratio and makes the car that much more precise, the feel that much better. Its a relatively cheap modification and will make you fall in love with the car all over again.
Have to say, that's probably one of the best DB tucks I've seen yet. Looks great. Yea we'll see what happens, at this point, I'd be happy just to have her back on the road. I've heard of the E36 steering rack swap too. At this point, the car is just for cruising, so I don't mind so much that it handles like a boat haha. All in due time I guess. Just want to finish the M3 first!

Any information on what suspension setup you are on? I plan on just doing a simple H&R vert specific springs and KONI's for a mild drop.

Here's mine btw (unfortunately not the M3!). That was the last time I really had a chance to drive her, and that was to Tail of the Dragon. Probably back in Fall 2010.

Obviously nothing like your car Rich, but still has earned it's place collecting dust in my garage
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0