View Single Post
      04-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #96
richb811
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
What a beautiful restoration. I've got an E30 vert myself: AW on beige, 5MT. It hasn't been driven in nearly 2 almost 3 years, just collecting dust in the garage. This just motivated me to start working on it, just haven't had the time or cashflow since I've been concentrating on the V8 M3 and the DD (97 4Runner).

My plans are to get the M20 running properly (I can see an S50 in there eventually), redo the entire suspension and get a drop while I'm in there, basketweaves, M3 steering wheel. Would also love to redo the interior and dye it Imola red.

I'm iffy about my diving boards. I know why people hate it so much, but I've almost gotten used to it. A few more things on the M3 (TP's, stage 2 tune, FL taillights, diffuser) and fix AC on 4Runner, then I'm definitely going to have to start the E30 project. I've debated selling her MANY times, but it's threads like this that makes me glad I haven't.

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for coming and offering your support! I'm glad I can help reignite the spark of a fellow E30 lover

She is definitely a cash sink for sure. Not as bad as a boat, from what I've heard though!

Personally, the diving boards are not for me but they can look great on the right car for sure. My friend Andrew has an 88 E30 which has the crossover style bumpers (Diving boards, but with the late model valance). He did a black powdercoat on them and drilled the pistons so the bumpers retracted and it is a pretty damn awesome look (See below)

One thing I would suggest that makes an absolutely brilliant difference to the handling of any E30 : The E36 3 Series Steering rack. Changes the ratio and makes the car that much more precise, the feel that much better. Its a relatively cheap modification and will make you fall in love with the car all over again.
Appreciate 0