04-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #43
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
Well, I owned a 2008 M3 DCT. I got rid of it before I took off on another contract overseas. Anywayyyy....I drove the 370Z today to see if it was more bang for the buck...forgive me BMW gods :-) Jesus, it was horrible. I think I threw up in my mouth on the test drive. Road feel was horrible, instrumentation horrible, sound system tragic, seating and interior embarrassing. But then again much cheaper. Even so, the driving experience cannot be compared. The M3 is three times the car hands down. I even sat in a GT-R and cranked it up...unimpressive. They wanted MSRP + 10K for the GT-R...Iwas like "righhhhhhhhhhhhhhht" I was totally convinced that anyone who buys a 370Z is either low on bucks or never drove a Bimmer. Visibility on the 370Z was really bad. It does look better in person than in mags...but still...don't bother. I am trying to be objective but it was really that bad...I would prefer to eat beans and weenies and drive an M3 than eat T-Bones everyday while driving a 370Z. My DD 09 Rabbit has better feel to be honest. Sorry, I am rambling...cheers.
You're way too harsh on it, and something tells me you don't have to worry about a budget (just a wild guess, parents I'm assuming), due to the fact that you don't seem to know about the concept of a budget performance car.

The Z is a tremendous value considering you can get one for sub-30k, or loaded just under 40k. I can't comment on road feel, but I do know that the interior doesn't suck. It's amazing, again, for the money.

And in reference to the GTR comment, sure, it costs the same as an M3, and yeah, it has a pretty sub-par interior, but it'll clean the M3 on the track, in a straight line, and definitely on the streets in the real world.

Some people have different priorities with their money and their cars.
Appreciate 0