View Single Post
      10-18-2017, 09:17 PM   #1
Petlizard
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C63 BS; LC500; F Pace SVR; P8

Skyline Runs Revisited - Run 1: November 5th

There has been lots of interests in M-owners (current as well as former) getting together for meet and drive exploring the great driving roads we have out here in the area. I’ve been able to put together a run in the spirit of the Skyline Drive Runs made famous by Darkstar Zero and other forum members from 2009 through 2012. Some of these roads were shown to me by these runs while other are discoveries I’ve made on my own playing around in these areas for the past decade or so. So here are the logistics:

Date: Sunday, 11/5/17.
Time: meeting from 9:15am-9:45am
Briefing will be at 9:45am and we’ll try to head out by no later than 10am
Location: parking lot of of Wegmans located inside Village at Leesburg shopping center (101 Cross Trail Blvd SE, Leesburg, VA 20175). There’s not a gas station inside this shopping center so you’d want to fill up prior to getting here.
Routes: We will be heading west and checking out some great back roads that will eventually take us through the Shenandoah. We will not be going on the actual Skyline drive for this run though. Exact route will be provided on the day of.
Duration: The run will be broken into two halves with a short lunch in between. Each half should be about 60-90 minutes including time for meeting points and taking photos. Total time will be 4-5 hrs if you stay for the whole run.
Cost: Free. You just need to pay for your own gas and food.
Cars: All European sport cars/super cars are welcome. I’m looking to keep our group bto 10-20 cars to have things be more manageable.

Our goal is to enjoy the discovery of new roads, meet new friends, and push our cars a bit more than we would under normal driving conditions. However, we’re not looking to create problems with local residents, or law enforcement, or put anyone in danger so there are a few rules:
1) No speeding on the highway (this is an easy way to draw attention from the state police to our group)
2) Don’t cut blind corners (or you may die)
3) Slow down on hills
4) Try to maintain a respectful attitude when coming into contact with other drivers (use signals, no illegal passing or tailgating, etc.) I’m sure many of us will want to come back to these roads again after the run to explore them so let’s keep our vehicles off of any wanted list.

Please add your forum name and vehicle description if you’re looking to attend. This will give me an idea of how our numbers will shape up over the next two weeks.
Attached Images

Last edited by Petlizard; 10-18-2017 at 09:25 PM..
Appreciate 1