View Single Post
      04-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #16
414bhp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, CTS-V, AMG GT S, Tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmarro View Post
30-35 hours of at speed track time altogether. Pads usually last about 2-3 track days. A lot of that will depend on how hard you are on the brakes and how fast of a track it is. When I run Miller Motorsports in SLC, their outer loop has an almost 1 mile straight and I will hit about 155-160 in the car. At the end you have to stand pretty hard on the brakes, I can usually get maybe 2 track days running that configuration on a set of race pads. Other tracks I have driven, I can 4-5 track days on a set of pads.

Rotors will last much longer though, these had around 5k miles on them and they also were used for daily driving as well. I probably could have left them on there, but they were starting to get some heat stress cracks which probably been ok to run on the street for awhile, but on track would not be wise. That is what makes this kit nice as you can just replace the rotor rings when they are worn out and the pads just drop in from the top, so you dont have to remove the entire caliper to change pads. Complete pad change takes less then 20mins.

The bad part about the E90 is its just a heavy car and it takes a lot of energy to slow it down, so that makes pads wear faster than other cars. I have friends that are running stripped out Porsches that weigh around 2400 lbs and they can make their pads and rotors last much longer, but I also used my car as a daily driver and stripping it was not an option.

Unfortunately that is the cost of going fast!!
Hearing that you get 10 to 15 hours (2-3 track days) out of a set sounds reasonable. With my current track car (an Evo IX) I get about 8 or 9 hours from a set of brake pads. Thanks for the info!
Appreciate 0