View Single Post
      12-07-2011, 03:55 AM   #192
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I think we both like where this car could go, I still suspect that Subaru will stick a turbo to it and call it a day.
You may be right after all:

Quote:
A representative of Subaru of America confirmed today that the company plans to build turbocharged versions of the 2.0-liter flat-four engine that recently made its debut in the companies all-new BRZ sports coupe – and in the Toyota 86/GT86 and Scion FR-S variants.
Subaru Confirms Turbocharged Version of BRZ Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
You talk about lag in a turbo charged engine, but honestly, on a track it's rarely an issue. I find lag to be more bothersome when you go from 3/10's to 9/10's and catch the car off balance. On the track, it's pretty easy to keep a reasonable size turbo spooled up with just a little planning. Unless you're really off line or not paying attention, a turbo, at least the modern variety, are seldom a liability towards balance.
I've already posted this somewhere else... no one better than Walter Röhrl himself to explain it to you:

Last edited by GoingTooFast; 12-07-2011 at 08:23 AM..
Appreciate 0