06-30-2019, 12:38 AM   #27
Britbimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M240i Esterol Blue

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
What the difference between going back to stock to sell the car you own vs going back to stock to return a leased car? Either way you rick voiding parts of your warranty, either way you are going back to stock since selling the mods with the car is a sure way to loose more money. "Owning" is overrated. It's merely a title for ego.

I think the point of my post was self-deprecating and suggesting that perhaps I felt 'safer' buying but maybe leasing was better. However, not sure I agree with you on your analysis of the role of ego in owning vs leasing.... I think there are very few people who don't have some of their ego wrapped up in what they drive ....leased or owned...

I am not sure if the attached is for real, but it amused me anyway... I started thinking about what you said about ego and so I Googled "what car does the dalai lama drive"

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vinta...amas-ride.html

Also - I don't take cars back to stock to sell them. I don't see the logic in doing that. Are you saying if you add a new exhaust, for example, you keep the OEM for x years and then reinstall and sell the modded one - seems like a pain the arse to me....! I don't believe that modding the car voids your warranty per se, unless it causes issues that can be directly traced back to the mod, and I would say that most people probably feel they have more latititude to make changes to a car they own vs one on a short lease. And as you suggest, if I lease I need to return to stock, which is a PIA whereas selling a modded car that is owned, doesn't require this step... anyway each to his own.

Last edited by Britbimmer; 06-30-2019 at 12:44 AM..
Appreciate 0