View Single Post
      11-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #3250
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

I like that big weather shot... nope haven't tried the zoom thing yet, just been getting my feet wet. I want to find some cool building interior that the fisheye can warp and still make it nice. And try the zoom thing

The 8-15 is fully circular at 8mm, then as you go longer it fills the top and bottom of the frame leaving smaller vignetting on the sides, and by just past 14mm fills the frame fully.

So I am thinking I can de-fish the 14mm shots. What I'd like to do is take the fisheye and my TS-E 17, stick them on the tripod and shoot the same subject with the fisheye at 14mm, then de-fish and see how much more field of view I get. I suspect de-fishing will lose some field of view (I remember looking at your de-fished images a few weeks or so ago) but I don't know if it'll lose 3mm worth of it...

Basically that test would tell me if there's a point to de-fishing for extra wide images, or if my TS-E 17 will get me 99% of a de-fished 14mm image from the fisheye.

Man, there's something fishy about this whole thing!

Here's what a 14mm shot looks like, fills the frame, not de-fished. The vignette around the corners in this image was added in LR5, it's not from the lens. The lens is pretty good about not falling off in the corners.

Trails of Light by ddk632, on Flickr
Appreciate 0