View Single Post
      07-22-2020, 02:01 PM   #21
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, M4 GTS, HP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M43S7RO View Post
I will be using a 1000 lb spring, sounds like you had to cut for the 8" but 7" just fits after cutting them?

I'd rather get a spring length that doesnt require I cut the rod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
Initially, 8" 1000lb. Went to 8" 1100s later but still had plenty of room. Currently on 7" 1200s and the extension is right at the limit, I may put a tender spring in to take up some space so I can run the adjuster back up into the housing a bit more just for peace of mind.
I run them on an M4. 8" 1300 pound spring. To run them without cutting them you're going to need a super short spring or you're going to have to run at monster truck height. I ended up adding a helper because the spring was loose under full droop but now the stack height is too tall and I can't get the rear ride height where I want it so I'm going to go to a 7" spring and it should be spot on.

As far as the weight jack itself is concerned its a really clever system. Height adjustment is super easy and cutting the rod was simple. I used a hand saw and vice and filed it smooth. Took maybe 30 minutes to get done. I can't think of a single way they can be improved, it's a great product.
Appreciate 1
M43S7RO503.00