View Single Post
      06-24-2009, 04:05 PM   #70
rominl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewM3driver View Post
This statement is coming from a guy that makes his living wet sanding unsuspecting folks cars. I know of several dark color cars... a Jag, a porsche, and a vette that were wet sanded, looked great, and 6 months later look like dog ass.

Don't even think about wet sanding your new car.
that has to be one of the most retarded posts i have read. know more friends and people who actually know how to detail and treat car paint.

do you realize almost all cars from factory, after going through the paint process, they still have to go through polishing process to get things to look shiny? those are the "NEW" cars that you refer to. do you see them going dull after months?

do you realize all cars coming out of body shops (accidents or whatever), after painting process they ALL go through polishing processes too? without that the paint will look like crap and horrendous orange peel effect? i guess you don't

wet sanding and polishing are necessary crucial steps in creating a pristine mirror finish on paint finish. it's the way to make a surface completely smooth and take out all the swirl marks. it does not "wear" out unless scratches are put on top.

the cars that you have seen, they were simply done by cheap shops or people who have no idea about what they do. the paint aren't correctly polished and cleaned before they put on greasy fillers and wax to "HIDE" the imperfections. that's why when the wax wear out in months you see it being dull