06-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #779
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post

Just because I told you that a more expensive watch can hold up to punishment just fine (which you told me was incorrect in your previous post), you immediately assume that I am attacking your personal choice to wear what you do. In your second sentence you even go so far as to defend your watch, which NO WHERE in my post did I say anything about.

You attacked more expensive watches by saying that without a doubt your junker could hold up to more abuse, and then you get defensive when I say otherwise.

And yes, I guess you are correct that my vast knowledge (knowing an automatic watch from a quartz watch) is nerdy enough to solicit the 'impress the ladies' response.

By the way, you do know the most inherent 'flaw' in automatic watches, right? The fact that they do NOT keep perfect time; In fact they really don't keep great time at all. That isn't the reason that they are made and that people wear them. So your statement about "keeping perfect time" is pretty laughable. Find me any $50,000+ automatic that can keep as good of time as a $10 quartz and you get a prize. While we're on the subject, I hope that you do not hope to keep that automatic watch for a very long time if you are really abusing it, because it will not last you. Google is your almighty friend if you need any verification.
I forgot the exact specs but my casio g shock is off by 35sec a year and my IWC is off by 7 min or so...that was the hardest thing for me to comprehend when I was watch shopping for the first time and about to off load some serious cash.

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0