Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red bla

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzio2020 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannyjock View Post
Success! I've managed to code the headunit to use the aux input from the harness using Bimmercode. This is using the Carsara box. The values I changed were:

CDMM_AUX_HU
aktiv

CDMM_USB_AUDIO_SINGLE
nicht_aktiv

CDMM_USB_AUDIO_DOUBLE_0B
nicht_aktiv

@Cyberdemon I tried to code it with the can cable as it is - this didn't work, the app couldn't connect to the headunit module. I then wired in the iDrive harness, connecting it to the can high cable (not sure if this really matters) and I could then code it.

It was a little tricky to route the cable from under the front of the gearstick, down to the drivers footwell and back up into the headunit area but it worked - the Bimmertech video helped again.

The sound seems better than via the aux cable, with bass in particular better defined. I need to spend more time playing with the EQ and try some direct comparisons but so far so good.

I still have Bluetooth streaming via the Combox working which was one concern raised earlier.

The only (very minor) negative is that when the system starts up there doesn't seem to be any sound, until I switch to aux again - however this is very easy as I have a shortcut button set up for it (the row of numbered buttons on the CIC headunit) and just press this then it's OK. It seems that the aux in volume stays as 0 unless I do this. Doesn't really bother me.

BTW - never coded the BMW before, Bimmercode (£30) and a cheap (£20) vGate adapter was very easy to use. Only issue I had was that it wouldn't seem to connect to the car, then I tried starting the engine and it worked OK then. Seems easier than using a laptop with cable, and gives some easy shortcut options in addition to 'expert' coding.
Thanks that worked perfect with my RoadTop/CarSara box. No need to run an aux cord with those parameters coded!

If not using the iDrive controller cable you’ll need to disconnect the CAN headunit from the CAN carplay plug and add put the little CAN loop to the headunit CAN plug.
Does anyone know if these parameters can be coded with Carly? I looked up their documentation and googled but couldn't get an answer.
Appreciate 0