12-19-2017, 01:01 PM   #45
kimiraikkonen
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix View Post
I had issues with my battery and the day came, where I also had to swap it for a new one. I also used Carly, I really can‘t remember exactly how the procedure was in detail ( did it only once or maybe twice for a buddies car ) but after the registration, I could‘ve sworn there was a „successful registered“ screen in the carly app.
M3 E92 MY 2008

Multiple times the schwaben tool had been mentioned on here while questioning carlys (street) credibility.

All I can say is, I never had any issues with carly.
What Carly ( located in munich germany ) claimed was always correct and never misleading. In this case here, we should ask ourselfs:

Why didn‘t the battery registration had been recorded? Could‘ve probably been an coding interruption, a missing app or phone update or an faulty sensor or any other electrical the gremlin, the trouble maker here?

The truth is we really don‘t know. What we know is Carly works, started to become a huge part of our lifes, gave us so much self confidence and made us much happier. We stopped beeing puppets of the greedy car-repair-industry.
Basically we all smile when an engine light pops up instead of getting an heart attack. ( Wich was a few years back common in our enthusiastic world ). We check other peoples cars, code them and really enjoy beeing car owners all that because of Carly. Thats why I ( and that is my personal oppinion), trust carly and don‘t think they would do anything on purpose or to betray costumers.
If you read my updates above, I too got the "successfully registered" message from the Carly tool. I also got a similar success message from Schnabel. But in the end, neither tool was able to truly register the battery in the DME.

I was able to verify this only after the mechanic registered the battery with Autologic. Then when I fired up EITHER Carly or Schwaben....I was able to see the new recorded registration mileage. furthermore, in Schwaben, I was able to confirm that past battery voltage history was properly reset as well.

So this is not a flame on Carly...as I see the same issue with Schwaben. Both tools are still ok, but just wanted to alert members to their limitations.
Appreciate 4
vsix601.50
L4ces337.00
Rajmun340413.00
dar2008302.50