View Single Post
      01-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #33
IbanezGod
997TT, X5M
Rep
Drives: 997TT, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk View Post
Your "like brothers" for 10 years has nothing to do with his marriage. He should choose his wife, perhaps she's just not comfortable with the strip club thing and he doesn't want to share that with you. AND, it's OK if she isn't, he has to respect that.

The last hurrah is your's and your's alone, forcing it on your "friend", when it's obvious that he has other priorities, his wife, only proves you're an unsympathetic friend and one that he's surely going to be happy to be without after this comes between the two of you. Which it likely will.

I suspect a little bit that your frustration with this is that you know you're going to face the same types of dilemmas he is facing now once you're married. And, if he denied his wife's wishes for yours, it would make you more comfortable with the prospect of what's to come in your own marriage.

Sadly, it's your friend that ultimately looses in this deal. You have no desire to respect the manner in which he chooses to honor his wife's wishes and this will be a catestrophic blow to your relationship with him. Alternativily it would be a catestrophic blow to his marriage if he turns his back on his wife. Either way he's screwed. The only one in this trifecta of a problem your posting about that has the ability to take the high road here is you, and you're "last hurrah" is far more important to you than you're friendship with your "like brother" and his marriage with his wife.

You're groomzilla..
lol groomzilla. Personally if a man and wife don't have trust that one or the other can't go away with friends and not doing anything bad then that's pretty sad and the man has no balls. I'm always unsympathetic when guys act like pussies.

I'm not going to face any of these issues with my fiancee. She's off to Vegas to have fun. Both of us are comfortable with each other's choices of actions.

Again you missed the point that it was how he handled it, not so much that he's not going.