View Single Post
      10-01-2019, 11:45 AM   #15
cannga
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 & Porsche 997 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmowner View Post
Install took a little over 3 hours and then it was off to corner balancing. They use the latest hunter force equipment to align and corner weight the car. I requested front camber to be 1.7 and rear 1.9 to stay within bmw factory spec. I’m not planning more than one track event this year so this seems to be the best setup for primarily street use. Ohlins give you 20 setting for dampening. 15-20 clicks for street use, 8-15 for sporty driving and 0-7 for race. I decided to set them at 9 clicks hoping for a balanced between sport and comfort.

Now for the review: Wow! After a short test drive I knew this was the exact setup I was looking for and complimented the direction I took with the entire build. Bumps are soaked up without upsetting the chassis and the car feels composed.
Sorry for "waking up" this old thread. Excellent review. I am debating between KW V3 and Ohlins; currently leaning towards Ohlins.

1. What ride height did you decide? Same as stock?

2. Any more advice or comments after 6 years? Camber -1.7 front -1.9 rear still good? 9 clicks for a compromise still good?

3. Any comment and things to look out for on installation? If I go ahead, it would be Auto Talent in Southern Cal.

I live in a mountainous area so very conscious of cornering behavior of my cars, and the body roll of the E90 M3 is really bothersome, especially compared to my Bilstein modified Turbo. Any other Ohlins owners please chime in as needed. TIA
2011.75 BMW M3 - DCT with Ohlins Coilover - Ohlins Settings & Impression Here

Last edited by cannga; 10-01-2019 at 11:54 AM..
Appreciate 0